Our centers participate in the Federal Food Program. All meals are routinely evaluated to meet the requirements of the USDA. All enrollees must complete the USDA meal application before coming to the center. Breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack will be provided for all the children in attendance; with the exception of school-age children while school is in session at certain centers ( ask administration at the center ). Breakfast is served between 8:00am and 8:30am ( with possible exceptions of school agers ), and ends promptly at 8:30am. Lunch is serve between 10:30am – 11:00am and snack between 2:00pm – 2:30pm ( with exceptions for school ages).
– Focus Pointe Learning Academy has adopted the Kaithlyn Law in accordance to North Carolina General Statues.
– All children must be placed on their backs while sleeping
– If a child is able to roll over they may sleep in the position in which they roll
– Documentation must be kept on all children while sleeping 12 months or younger. Staff must document when a chiild goes to sleep and they must also document each time they check on the child while sleeping
– Staff must check on a sleeping child every 15minutes.
– A documentation chart is kept on each child
– No toys are allowed in a child’s crib at any time.
– The room temperature cannot exceed 75 F.
It is our hope that you will never have any problems here at Focus Pointe Learning Academy. However, if a situation does arise, we ask that you schedule a conference with the Director, This conference offers teachers and leader the opportunity to build relationships and give parents good information about whatever difficulties arise. We will meet together as a team, listen to all parties and act in the best interest of the child and his or her family.
– According to North Carolina Department of Transportation, Focus Pointe Learning Academy will transport children according to guidelines.
– All children will be properly restrained.
– A child that weighs less than 40 pounds or less must be in a car seat.
– A child that weighs more than 40 pounds, but less than 80 pounds must be in approved booster seat.
– All children transported by the learning academy must have a travel authorization form on file.
– All children transported must be 3 years old.
– All children must remain current on taking all their immunizations. Your child may not attend the facility until their immunizations are current.
– Each child must have a complete physical at the time of enrollment.
– The facility will serve nutritious meals and snacks for all children,
– The facility will take children out daily for outdoor play and fresh air.
– We will provide adequate space for each child to rest comfortable.
– Parents will be notified prompty if their child becomes too sick to remain in care. It is important that the emergency contact list be updated frequently of any number changes. Sick children are to be picked up promptly.
– No medication will be administered unless there is a label on the medication bottle and specified by a physician. All medications will be administed according to the direction. Ibuprofen or any over the counter medications with ephedrine products will not be administered. All medications will be stored in a locked storage.
– If your child develops they must be immediately remove form the facility and they may not return unless they have a doctors note.
– Excessive diarrhea is described as three loose stools in 1 hour and will result in your child having to be immediately removed from the facility.
– According to North Carolina State Child Care Law, children are required to be excluded from care for certain illnesses and the center has ther right to have a more strict policy. The most common illnesses are Fever, diarrhea, vomiting , flu, pink eye, coughing, sore throat, head lice, chicken pox, pneumonia, strep throat, sinus ( green discharge ), thrush, ear infection, ring worm, etc
Tuition payments are due on the 1st day of each week. If your payment is not made by 9:00am. the following day a $5 late fee will be applied. Care will denied if payment is not received within 2 business days. Tuition is still expected on days of your child may be absent due to illness, doctor visits, vacations or any other reason. Please note that tuition rates do not change if a week includes a holiday. We have found our policy to be consistent with other preschool and child care centers. Because our cost remain the same through our the year, we rely in the specified tuition to be paid each week in order to meet our expenses. Consequently, as much as we might like to, we cannot make allowances for any days missed in your regular attendance schedule.